Website Ann Richards School Foundation
Ann Richards School Foundation
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Ann Richards School for Young Women Leaders is a nationally recognized school focused on leadership, college readiness, project-based learning, and STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math). Our emphasis on college-bound programming, college visits, and one-on-one advising helps each ARS student find their best college fit, and 65% of our students will be the first in their families to graduate from college. Further, with 100% of students engaged in STEM curriculum, we are preparing our girls to become leaders in careers where women are traditionally under-represented. The majority of our students come from Title I schools and/or qualify for free and reduced meals, indicators for being economically disadvantaged. The ripple effect of them attending and graduating from college is the ability for many of our students to lift their families out of poverty and significantly change the course of their lives.
The Ann Richards School Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that funds enhancement programs at the Ann Richards School, enabling young women from economically disadvantaged backgrounds to gain the confidence and skills to apply, attend and graduate from college. The Foundation helps Ann Richards School students achieve their dreams, regardless of socioeconomic barriers.
The Ann Richards School Foundation seeks a dynamic and results-oriented Development Manager to head our ongoing fundraising efforts. Reporting to the Executive Director, this professional must have an established background in creating and implementing nonprofit fundraising development strategies and programs.
The Development Manager plans, manages, and implements the annual fundraising plan for the Ann Richards School Foundation in collaboration with the Executive Director and Board leadership.
This includes, but is not limited to:
· Planning and implementing fundraising campaigns and activities including the Foundation’s annual gala “Reach for the Stars,” raising funds and evaluating outcomes.
· Identifying and cultivating prospective donors in concert with the Executive Director and Development Committee Chair with a focus on expanding and enhancing major and principal donors.
· Maintaining a portfolio to nurture, cultivate, and steward donors with the goal of increasing recruitment, retention, and renewal of key donors.
· Executing an annual communications plan and calendar for donors in collaboration with the Communications Manager to craft messaging.
· Partnering with the Executive Director to develop the Development Plan to meet annual goals including dollars raised, first time donors, and donor renewal percentages.
· Performing comprehensive ongoing data analysis and evaluation related to all aspects of the development program to report regularly to the Development Committee, Executive Committee, and Board of Directors.
· Developing budgets and monitoring expenses related to the development program.
· Identifying new fundraising and partnership opportunities through social media channels.
Regular activities include:
· Communicating with donors, constituents and staff via email, phone, or social media.
· Using research tools and donor database to track progress and determine strategies to build donor relationships.
· Providing monthly and long-range calendars of development activities to ensure all participants are involved and updated in a timely manner.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree and minimum three years of experience in a nonprofit setting
· Experience in major gift solicitation and stewardship, annual appeal campaigns, corporate outreach and giving and fundraising events
· Ability to foster and deepen relationships with individuals, foundations, corporate partners, and other partners
· Conversant in planned giving and social media campaigns
· Experience developing and administering budgets
· Strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills
· Time management skills and ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines
· Highly organized and inspiring team leader
· Creative thinker and problem solver
· Ability to think critically
· Collaborative style and the capacity to adapt to changing priorities and refine strategies after feedback
· Donor database experience, such as Little Green Lights or Raiser’s Edge
· Experience in motivating and supporting Board members, volunteers, donors, and staff to achieve fundraising goals
Applications will be accepted through May 12, 2023. Please send application materials (resume, cover letter, and references) to email@example.com.
Please detail notable fundraising planning, execution, and outcomes in your cover letter, explaining how you envision that your past fundraising experience will benefit the Ann Richards School Foundation.
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAIL INQUIRIES.
· Salary Range: $60,000-$70,000
· Medical, dental and vision insurance benefits
· 401(k) retirement plan with employer contributions
To apply for this job please visit www.annrichardsschool.org.