Movability is seeking a seasoned professional to serve as its full-time Executive Director (ED). Movability’s ED is responsible for development, management and performance of contracted programs and services, implementation of strategic plans and priorities established by the board of directors, and coordination of reporting and communication. The ED is also responsible for the effective fiscal management of the organization’s activities and management of its day-to-day operations.
As the chief executive officer of Movability, the ED collaborates with members, stakeholders, directors, and funders to guide the community towards sustainable modes of transportation that will increase the use of shared mobility and active transportation and works to build relationships with the business community, local and state agencies and elected officials. This ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for reducing traffic congestion, strong organizational and strategic skills, and a “can do” attitude to grow the organization and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders.
This position will manage staff and work closely with and for the Board of Directors. The ED recommends and participates in the Board’s formulation of its mission, strategic plans, and policies. This is an exempt position and Movability currently operates with a total full-time staff of six employees.
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers a competitive benefits package, bonus opportunity and salary range of $100,000 to $125,000 per year depending on experience. Benefits include:
· Four+ weeks of paid time off
· Hybrid work environment
· Employer matching retirement plan
· A comprehensive suite of insurance and an employee assistance program
· Access to free learning and development courses
· Monthly commuter benefits
· Monthly cellphone stipend
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Lead the implementation of the strategic priorities established by the 15-member board of directors.
· Prepare, manage, and maintain the annual budget.
· Oversee financial management, including AR/AP and payroll.
· Administer human resource functions with the assistance of a Professional Employer Organization.
· Build and maintain relationships to ensure financial stability and continued growth.
· Effectively negotiate and administer agreements and contracts.
· Represent the organization at meetings and events with government officials, community and business leaders, and the media.
Successful candidates for this position will be self-starters with a 4-year degree or equivalent experience, have at least 5 years of relevant experience in the public, private and nonprofit sectors and possess the following skills:
· Leadership skills to work effectively and efficiently with top management in both the public and private sectors and with elected officials.
· Experience supporting an executive level board and volunteers, including the ability to work with and coordinate program committees, and possess strong negotiation skills.
· Experience building and leading teams to develop and implement programs.
· Ability to work independently with strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
· Program, budget and staff management experience, including managing multiple funding sources, grants and related reporting.
· Success in developing program resources and funding.
· Strong verbal, writing, listening, interpersonal and analytical skills; strong public speaking experience and comfort with media relations.
· Ability to work in our downtown Austin, Texas office at least three days each week.
· Proven Leadership in running a small business, non-profit or business association.
· Knowledge of transportation demand management (TDM) principles, commuter trip reduction, transportation choices and an understanding of Central Texas’ transportation, parking and transit issues.
· Knowledge of and familiarity with research, surveys, and data collection, analysis and monetization.
· Master’s Degree from a four-year college in a related field.
· An understanding of the Central Texas mobility and transportation ecosystem.
· Proficiency in QuickBooks Online.
· Humility, sense of humor, comfort with ambiguity, and servant leadership.
· Bilingual in Spanish/English.
Email a copy of your resume; a cover letter providing more in-depth information on the experience and qualities you would bring to the job; and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three references to: email@example.com. Please include “Executive Director position” in the subject line. Resumes will be accepted through June 15, 2023, or until the position is filled.
As a 501(c)(6) transportation management association, Movability provides commute consulting and programs to businesses and commuters in Central Texas. Funded primarily through the City of Austin, the Downtown Alliance, Capital Metro and membership dues, we focus on serving the needs of Hays, Travis, and Williamson Counties. We are proud to work with employers in all industries and of all sizes by providing mobility education and services that increase the use of sustainable transportation options that save the employer and their employees time and money. Doing so improves the quality of life, supports economic and environmental goals, and positively changes commute behavior.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org