Website Texas Suicide Prevention Collaborative
Status: part-time to full time, depending on qualifications
Location: Flex- in-office and remote– Austin-based (Lakeway/Bee Caves region)
Benefits: Health insurance, PTO, sick leave
TRAVEL REQUIREMENT: Travel up to 10% may include overnight stays
About the Texas Suicide Prevention Collaborative:
The Texas Suicide Prevention Collaborative is a statewide non-profit committed to improving suicide prevention outcomes at the local and state levels. We work relentlessly to improve the lives of all Texans by suicide prevention efforts across our state.
TxSPC operates three lines of effort:
1. Serving as the operational backbone of the Texas Suicide Prevention Council – a statewide network of public and private partners who work together to implement the Texas State Plan for Suicide Prevention.
2. Administer, manage and coordinate a series of suicide prevention trainings – online, training of trainers’ network, and community workshops to support the comprehensive approach to suicide prevention.
3. Support capacity building of suicide prevention coalitions and statewide partners.
About the Position: Operations Coordinator
Working closely with the Executive Director, project teams and the Board of Directors, the Operations Coordinator plays an essential role in programming and operational support. They manage the organizational operations by directing and coordinating governance and administrative activities consistent with our mission, values, and strategic plan. They ensure that internal operations and external activities comply with applicable laws, contracts, and regulations.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Outstanding communications skills (written, verbal, presentation)
- Ensure the organization employs sound financial and administrative practices. Maintain official records and documents and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
● Ensures staff and contractors are onboarded properly, Statements of Work are properly executed, and invoicing is accurate and submitted in a timely manner.
● Implement best practices and sound strategy to ensure appropriate management of TxSPC resources
● Advanced proficiency in the use of computers and Microsoft Office products as well as moderate proficiency in project management tools such as Zoom, Trello, and Slack.Ability to:
● Establish and maintain working relationships with TxSPC stakeholders, contractors, staff, and Board members to achievecommon goals.
● Consistently meet internal and external customer needs and expectations in a professional manner
● Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approachesto operational challenges.
● Identify and resolve problems by employing strong analytical techniques, innovative approaches, and initiative in preventing and solving problems.
● Effectively managing staff activities and day-to-day operations.
● Plan and execute project and program planning.
Perform other duties as assigned/prescribed by the Board of Directors and Executive Director.
Education: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor’s degree – preferably in public health, public administration, business, social services, or similar fields of study.
Substitution: Related work experience as a substitution for education will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Official college transcripts must be furnished at the time of the interview.
● Professional judgment and discretion to effectively operate and support a mental health non-profit with a wide range of stakeholders.
● Exceptional organization skills to manage multiple priorities.
● Exceptional verbal, and written communications appropriate for a mental health environment.
● Three (3) years of experience in business operations and small-scale project management.
● Three (3) years of experience in fiscal management including budget, invoice management, cash flow, and monitoring.
● Experience working for a nonprofit organization, especially grant funded initiatives.
● Knowledge of and experience with state and federal grant reporting requirements.
● Experience in drafting organizational policies and procedures.
● Working knowledge of a board governance model of leadership.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a cover letter with salary requirements, a resume, and a writing samplevia email with “Operations Coordinator” in the subject line to:
The Texas Suicide Prevention Collaborative is an equal opportunity employer. TxSPC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org