Website The Sobering Center
Job Summary: The Behavioral Health Technician (BHT) will provide sobering support services and assistance to clients in the facility. The position requires the BHT staff to participate in client care during the clients stay and continuum of care post discharge.
Summary Specific to Job:
- Provide ongoing support to all clients during intake, admission, and throughout their stay including discharge.
- Monitor clients at all times while using the language of hope and possibility.
- Assist in de-escalating individuals during intake and throughout their stay.
- Responsible for securing client property to be returned at discharge.
Motivate a client toward change and help develop connections in the community.
- Focus on a client’s strengths and attend to the overall health and wellness of a client with mental health issues or addiction.
- Provide referrals as needed.
- Support client’s decision for treatment and services.
- Provide follow-up telephone calls as a continuum of care.
- Clean sobering area, bathrooms, break rooms etc.- when necessary participate in doing laundry.
- Maintain documentation of charts associated with BHT responsibilities.
- Provide support at community and mobile service sites during designated entertainment events and conferences.
- Maintain communication with intake staff and shift lead.
- Able to represent center reflecting a professional image.
- Inspect facilities and equipment to ensure safety and sanitation regulations.
- Attend all meetings and trainings as requested.
Adapt to changing work requirements.
Perform related work as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.