Website Todos Juntos Learning Center
Address: 409 W Ben White, Austin, TX, 78704
Start Date: 08/01/2023
Application Due Date: 06/02/2023
About Todos Juntos:
Todos Juntos Learning Center is a dual-generation learning center that serves Central Texas’ immigrant and refugee communities. Todos Juntos, which means “Everybody Together,” is the foundation for our future. Through our model, we work with children and parents simultaneously, building them up together, to create meaningful learning experiences and opportunities for the whole family.
Todos Juntos is seeking to hire a dynamic self-starter as our Development Manager to lead our fundraising and communication strategies that are outlined in the organization’s annual development plan and that support TJ’s strategic plan, ensuring the organization can support our families as they build their social capital, strengthen parents’ bonds with their children, develop workforce skills and continue their education. We are looking for an experienced professional who thrives in a fast-paced (and fun!) environment, can manage multiple projects while effectively meeting deadlines with good work products, learns quickly, writes well, and who enjoys meeting new people and making connections.
Why work at TJ?
At Todos Juntos we can promise that you’ll work as part of a committed and diverse team that prioritizes integrity and transparency, and values equity, relationships, and culture. We pride ourselves on being a flexible, family-focused organization that strives to create an environment where working parents can thrive and grow. In 2023, we earned the Best Place for Working Parents in Austin designation for our family friendly policies and practices to support employees, specifically working parents.
Primary Purpose/Function of Position:
The Todos Juntos Development Manager raises funds and secures resources to support TJ’s mission and our families. In collaboration with TJ’s Board of Directors and Executive Director, the Development Manager is responsible for updating, managing and executing the organization’s annual development plan and calendar and for evaluating it annually for continuous improvement.
Working closely with the TJ Board of Directors and Executive Director, the Development Manager is responsible for all aspects of Todos Juntos Learning Center’s fundraising including the following:
Corporate and Individual Giving
- Lead Todos Juntos’ corporate and individual annual fundraising strategies.
- Manage and grow Todos Juntos’ corporate and major donor pipeline through donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship, and renewals.
- Manage a portfolio of donors and prospects (individuals and corporations).
- Support TJ’s Executive Director in managing her donor portfolio.
- Manage and grow Todos Juntos’ group of monthly donors, Mejor Amigos.
- Supervise Todos Juntos’ Amplify Austin annual campaign.
- Plan and execute special appeals: end-of-year appeal, Giving Tuesday, spring appeal and summer appeal.
- Lead Todos Juntos’ strategies to secure sponsorships and gifts from businesses and individuals and to secure in-kind support for events.
- Work with TJ leadership, committee volunteers and board to design, plan and execute all aspects of events to raise funds and build relationships for the organization and its families. Plan and manage logistics of events.
- Manage creation of communications and marketing materials for events to promote attendance and sponsorship.
- Work with contract grant writer and TJ Executive Director to submit grants and reports to foundation funders and prospects.
- Work with the programs team to set objectives for grants and to secure information for reporting to funders.
- Develop and execute an annual communications plan and calendar, evaluating annually for improvement.
- Oversee Development and Communications Coordinator’s work to produce and publish social media posts and marketing emails.
Development Stewardship and Administration
- Oversee Development and Communications Coordinator’s work to ensure thank you letters and notes are sent out in a timely manner and gifts are entered into the database.
- Ensure donor recognition and benefits are delivered.
- Produce donor reports as needed.
- Attend bimonthly board meetings and report on progress of the development plan.
- Participate in weekly Todos Juntos leadership meetings.
- Participate in monthly all-staff meetings.
- Represent TJ at community networking events (ex: Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Austin Chamber of Commerce, etc.).
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Fundraising credentials preferred (CFRE, Certificate in Nonprofit Management, etc) but not required.
- Conversational or fluency in Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Understanding of the lived experiences of and/or experience working with immigrants and refugee families.
Fundraising and Communications Experience
- Five or more years of relevant experience in nonprofit fundraising directly working with funders, managing relationships and reporting funding outcomes.
- Documented track record of fundraising success, including corporate sponsorships, special events, and individual giving.
- Experience working with volunteers, committees, board members and interns.
- Experience writing content for printed and digital publications and for social media.
- Excellent written skills with direct experience writing successful proposals.
- Comfortable meeting new people and connecting with community members.
- Excellent public speaking skills and experience delivering presentations.
- Strong attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and complete excellent work with minimal supervision.
- Professional and mature attitude with a passion for upholding dignity for all people.
- Valid Texas driver’s license
- Reliable transportation
This position supervises the Development and Communications Coordinator.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Annual salary: $60,000 to $65,000.
- Health benefits available.
- Family-friendly work environment.
- Fifteen days (three weeks) PTO.
- 24 days of paid holidays
- Monthly phone stipend.
- Mileage reimbursement for work-related travel.
- Dedicated budget for AFP membership, fundraising education, and professional development.
- You may work remotely with the expectation to be in the office at least once a week and as designated for certain meetings, programs, and events.
- Option for a four-day work week in June and July. Staff is expected to work five days per week between August and May.
Full-time and exempt employee. Occasional evening and weekend work required.
Visit todosjuntoslc.org for more info, and email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 2, 2023.
This position is hybrid and will require remote and onsite work at 409 W. Ben White Blvd., Austin, TX 78704.
Todos Juntos is committed to providing a safe space to learn and to work for all students and staff. This position will be required to be fully vaccinated and comply with organizational COVID-19 safety policies, such as masking, eating policies, etc while onsite.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Todos Juntos Learning Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com